Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Customer Service - Nintendo

I've written about our experience with Nintendo's Customer Service before (Click the link for story). We recently had to send our Wii back again, and this experience merits another mention.

Maybe you're thinking it can't be as good this time? That's certainly what I was thinking! The kids were having a problem with the "Brawl" disk. It worked, but some of the characters were freezing up. Now, normally, I would assume any disk problems were user error (scratches, etc.) and tell them oh well, save for a new one. I don't know what made him decide to call. Brawl was the one giving the problem before, so maybe that's why. At any rate, he called, and was told to send both the Wii and the game in to be checked.

Remember how, after the last time, they extended the warranty by a year? Well, that was almost up again. No problem. They e-mailed a Fed-Ex shipping label immediately. All we had to do was package the unit and game together, and drive it across town to the Fed-Ex place. I delivered it on Monday, January 26, and it was returned to my front doorstep by Friday, the 30th - in time for me to jump on Animal Crossing before the kids got home from school. Photobucket

AND!!!! They extended the warranty again for ANOTHER YEAR!! Photobucket

Son says, let's make sure we send it in every year when it's almost up, it will be under warranty forever. *wink*

I have to admit, I am amazed. You just don't see customer service anymore. I can't tell you how many people find this blog by doing a search on "Quiznos Customer Service" -- so I imagine I am not the only one to have ever had issues! Anyway, if I am quick to criticize, I also want to be quick to praise.

THANK YOU, NINTENDO!! Photobucket

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That's awesome! Microsoft (Cringe) is actually really good with repairs to the XBOX360 as well. We have friends that got "The red ring of death" which basically means the thing fried itself, and they had it back in 2 weeks with an extended warranty as well. I guess these co's are just doing their best to hang onto their customers in a rocky economy, keep buying games....Also, my brother in law (He's 17) had issues with "Brawl" and ended up sending in his WII and got it back in 3 weeks. Awesome!